Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
The massive transformations driven by digital technology have begun. The Digital Revolution gives you a complete roadmap for navigating the breathtaking changes happening now and shows you how to succeed.
Silicon Valley executive, thought leader, and New York Times best-selling author Inder Sidhu shows how cloud computing, social media, mobility, sensors, apps, big data analytics, and more can be brought together in virtually infinite combinations to create opportunities and pose risks previously unimaginable.
You’ll learn how digital pioneers are applying connected digital technologies, also known as the Internet of Everything, to dramatically improve financial performance, customer experience, and workforce engagement in fields ranging from healthcare to education, from retail to government.
Sidhu combines the practical perspective of practitioners with the extensive experience of experts to show you how to win in the new digital age. He takes you behind the scenes, engaging with business leaders from Apple, Google, Facebook, Cisco, Intel, Amazon, Walmart, Starbucks, RSA, Kaiser, Cleveland Clinic, Intermountain Healthcare, and so on and with academic leaders from Stanford, Yale, Wharton, MIT, Coursera, Khan Academy, and more and reveals their winning strategies and execution tactics for your benefit.
Sidhu also discusses the key challenges of privacy, security, regulation, and governance in depth and offers powerful insights on managing crucial ethical, social, cultural, legal, and economic issues that digitization creates. He shows what the digital revolution will mean for you, both personally and professionally--and how you can win.
Learn how you can leverage the digital revolution to
II. Transforming Industries
2. Healthcare: The Patient Will See You
3. Education: The Learner Triumphs
4. Retail: Get 'Em In, Get 'Em Thru, Get 'Em Back
5. Smart Cities: Bustling with Activity, Brimming with Opportunity
III. Addressing Challenges
6. Privacy: Wait, Am I the Product?
7. Security: Before, During and After the Attack
8. Governance: Protecting Consumers and Advancing Business
V. Transforming Organizations
9. Financial Performance: Making Money the Old Fashioned Way
10. Customer Experience: Happier Than Ever
11. Employee Experience: Productive, Creative, Engaged
12. Only the Beginning, Only Just the Start