Modular, Manageable, Meaningful- help your students discover the life span!
Discovering the Life Span provides students with a strong balance of research and applications.
Many instructors would like to cover the entire life span in a single term and help their students see the big picture. They want students to understand how the domains of development work together and perhaps, most importantly, have their students truly connect to the material. This remarkable text does all of this. Its balanced modular format treats each stage of life and each domain equally throughout the text. With 10 chapters, 3 modules per chapter, and only 576 pages, Discovering the Life Span is more manageable for instructors and students. It allows instructors to cover all areas of the life span without having to sacrifice content during their one-term course and students get a better sense of the entire process of development. Interactive resources like MyDevelopmentLab and MyVirtualChild produce a meaningful learning experience and prepare students to apply content to their personal and future professional lives.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning – The new MyDevelopmentLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Engage Students– Interactive online resources, strong applications, and innovative pedagogy integrated throughout the text produce a meaningful learning experience for students. These tools, along with in-text features encourage students to apply the content to their personal and future professional lives.
- Improve Critical Thinking – “Review, Check, and Apply” sections tied to the Learning Objectives help students clearly understand what they are expected to learn in a given section of the book.
- Explore Research – “From Research to Practice” helps students see the impact of developmental research throughout society.
- Understand Culture and Diversity – In-text “Cultural Dimensions” highlight issues relevant in today’s multicultural society.
- Support Instructors - MyDevelopmentLab’s Class Prep, MyVirtualChild, video embedded PowerPoints, MyTest, clicker questions, and an instructor’s manual provide extensive support for instructors.
Note: MyDevelopmentLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyDevelopmentLab, please visit: www.mydevelopmentlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyDevelopmentLab (at no additional cost).VP: 9780205216918