Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1.Discovering the Night Sky
2. Gravitation and the Motion of the Planets
3. Light and Telescopes
4. Atomic Physics and Spectra
5. Formation of the Solar System and Other Planetary Systems
6. Earth and Moon
7. The Other Terrestrial Planets
8. The Outer Planet
9. Vagabonds of the Solar System
10. The Sun: Our Extraordinary Ordinary Star
11. Characterizing Stars
12. The Lives of Stars from Birth Through Middle Age
13. The Deaths of Stars
14. Black Holes: Matters of Gravity
15. The Milky Way Galaxy
17. Quasars and Other Active Galaxies
Answers to Margin Questions and Computational Questions