Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Scott Mandelbrote is Fellow of Peterhouse at the University of Cambridge.
Michael Ledger-Lomas is Lecturer in the Department of Theology and Religious Studies at King's College.
Table of Contents
Introduction, Michael Ledger-Lomas and Scott Mandelbrote
1. A Family Bible? The Henrys and Dissenting Readings of the Bible, 1650-1750, Scott Mandelbrote
2. Mary Fletcher's Bible, Phyllis Mack and David Wilson
3. Scripture and Heresy in the Biblical Studies of Nathaniel Lardner, Joseph Priestley, and Thomas Belsham, Simon Mills
4. Welsh Dissent and the Bible c.1750-1850, Eryn White
5. The Only Certain Rule of Faith and Practice: The Interpretation of Scripture amongst English High Calvinists, c.1780s-1850, Ian J. Shaw
6. The Bible and Varieties of Nineteenth-Century Dissent: Elizabeth Fry, Mary Carpenter, and Catherine Booth, Timothy Larsen
7. The Common Sense Bible: Irish Presbyterians, Samuel Davidson, and Biblical Criticism, c.1800 to 1865, Andrew Holmes
8. Conder and Sons: Dissent and the Oriental Bible in Nineteenth-century Britain, Michael Ledger-Lomas
9. Biblical Criticism and Scots Presbyterian Dissent in the Age of Robertson Smith, Colin Kidd and Valerie Wallace
10. A People Beyond the Book? Seebohm Rowntree, the Decline of Popular Biblicism and the Fate of Protestant England, c.1900-1950, S.J.D. Green