More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the Reprint edition with a publication date of 4/19/2013.
What is included with this book?
Table of Contents
List of Tables and Figures
Foreword by Peter Ronald deSouza
List of Abbreviations
1. Introduction: Understanding Diversities in the Indian Diaspora, N. Jayaram
PART I: DIASPORA FROM AN INDIAN STATE: PUNJAB
2. Diversity within the Punjabi Diaspora and the Construction of Nationhood, Paramjit S. Judge
3. From Product to Process: Sikhs in Southeast Asia, Ravindra K. Jain
PART II: DIVERSITY IN THE DIASPORA LOCALE
4. Integration, Assimilation, or Multiple Identities: The Case of the Malaysian Indian Diaspora, T. Marimuthu
5. State Policies and the Indian Diaspora in Malaysia, Amit Kumar Mishra
6. India-in-Diaspora: A Mauritian Perspective,Vinesh Y. Hookoomsing
7. Locality and Identity in the Indian Diaspora: Reinvention of Regional/Linguistic Diversities in Mauritius, Chandrashekhar Bhat and T.L.S. Bhaskar
8. The Indian Communities in Overseas Territories of France: Problems of Identity and Culture, J.C. Sharma
PART III: CASE STUDIES OF DIASPORIC COMMUNITIES
9. Identity, Ethnicity, and Marginalization: The Cochini Jews in Israel, Ginu Zacharia Oommen
10. Exploring the Global Jain Diaspora, Prakash C. Jain
11. Diaspora: A Mirror to Indian Diversity? Caste, Brahmanism, and the New Diaspora, Kamala Ganesh
PART IV: GENDER AND IDENTITY IN THE DIASPORA
12. Understanding Gender Diversities in the Indian Diaspora, Aparna Rayaprol
13. Identity Construction in the Diaspora, Vijay Agnew
PART V: INDIA AND THE INDIAN DIASPORA
14. Heterogeneous Diaspora and Asymmetrical Orientations: India, Indians, and the Indian Diaspora, N. Jayaram
Notes on Contributors