More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the Reprint edition with a publication date of 4/19/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
List of Tables and Figures
Foreword by Peter Ronald deSouza
List of Abbreviations
1. Introduction: Understanding Diversities in the Indian Diaspora, N. Jayaram
PART I: DIASPORA FROM AN INDIAN STATE: PUNJAB
2. Diversity within the Punjabi Diaspora and the Construction of Nationhood, Paramjit S. Judge
3. From Product to Process: Sikhs in Southeast Asia, Ravindra K. Jain
PART II: DIVERSITY IN THE DIASPORA LOCALE
4. Integration, Assimilation, or Multiple Identities: The Case of the Malaysian Indian Diaspora, T. Marimuthu
5. State Policies and the Indian Diaspora in Malaysia, Amit Kumar Mishra
6. India-in-Diaspora: A Mauritian Perspective,Vinesh Y. Hookoomsing
7. Locality and Identity in the Indian Diaspora: Reinvention of Regional/Linguistic Diversities in Mauritius, Chandrashekhar Bhat and T.L.S. Bhaskar
8. The Indian Communities in Overseas Territories of France: Problems of Identity and Culture, J.C. Sharma
PART III: CASE STUDIES OF DIASPORIC COMMUNITIES
9. Identity, Ethnicity, and Marginalization: The Cochini Jews in Israel, Ginu Zacharia Oommen
10. Exploring the Global Jain Diaspora, Prakash C. Jain
11. Diaspora: A Mirror to Indian Diversity? Caste, Brahmanism, and the New Diaspora, Kamala Ganesh
PART IV: GENDER AND IDENTITY IN THE DIASPORA
12. Understanding Gender Diversities in the Indian Diaspora, Aparna Rayaprol
13. Identity Construction in the Diaspora, Vijay Agnew
PART V: INDIA AND THE INDIAN DIASPORA
14. Heterogeneous Diaspora and Asymmetrical Orientations: India, Indians, and the Indian Diaspora, N. Jayaram
Notes on Contributors