More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Starting at $17.26
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the Reprint edition with a publication date of 4/19/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
List of Tables and Figures
Foreword by Peter Ronald deSouza
List of Abbreviations
1. Introduction: Understanding Diversities in the Indian Diaspora, N. Jayaram
PART I: DIASPORA FROM AN INDIAN STATE: PUNJAB
2. Diversity within the Punjabi Diaspora and the Construction of Nationhood, Paramjit S. Judge
3. From Product to Process: Sikhs in Southeast Asia, Ravindra K. Jain
PART II: DIVERSITY IN THE DIASPORA LOCALE
4. Integration, Assimilation, or Multiple Identities: The Case of the Malaysian Indian Diaspora, T. Marimuthu
5. State Policies and the Indian Diaspora in Malaysia, Amit Kumar Mishra
6. India-in-Diaspora: A Mauritian Perspective,Vinesh Y. Hookoomsing
7. Locality and Identity in the Indian Diaspora: Reinvention of Regional/Linguistic Diversities in Mauritius, Chandrashekhar Bhat and T.L.S. Bhaskar
8. The Indian Communities in Overseas Territories of France: Problems of Identity and Culture, J.C. Sharma
PART III: CASE STUDIES OF DIASPORIC COMMUNITIES
9. Identity, Ethnicity, and Marginalization: The Cochini Jews in Israel, Ginu Zacharia Oommen
10. Exploring the Global Jain Diaspora, Prakash C. Jain
11. Diaspora: A Mirror to Indian Diversity? Caste, Brahmanism, and the New Diaspora, Kamala Ganesh
PART IV: GENDER AND IDENTITY IN THE DIASPORA
12. Understanding Gender Diversities in the Indian Diaspora, Aparna Rayaprol
13. Identity Construction in the Diaspora, Vijay Agnew
PART V: INDIA AND THE INDIAN DIASPORA
14. Heterogeneous Diaspora and Asymmetrical Orientations: India, Indians, and the Indian Diaspora, N. Jayaram
Notes on Contributors