from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
For courses in Success/Orientation, Diversity (ie. Managing Diversity), Race and Ethnic Relations, Cultural Diversity in the Workplace, Multiculturalism and Inclusion (ie. leadership, group dynamics, teaching, social media/networking), Education, Nursing, Human Relations, Communications, Hospitality, Social Work/Family Therapy/Human Services, EMS and Fire Science, Counseling, Criminal Justice, Social Justice/Equity; also for teacher-training education courses, and staff/professional development workshops.
This work on human diversity integrates personal and organizational perspectives, research, and theories while discussing teamwork, communication, leadership, conflict, social networking, and other issues in the workplace, at school, and in the community.
Diversity Consciousness empowers students by helping them develop a "mind-set" which will enable them to be more successful in the 21st century. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Diversity for Personal and Professional Success
On both a cognitive and affective level, it takes students on a journey of learning. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· Personal and Professional Relevance: Ignites student’s curiosity and questions about the nature and critical importance of diversity and diversity consciousness to off-set passive learning.
· End-of-Chapter applications: Reinforces learning and develops diversity consciousness through real-life case studies, thought provoking questions, and a variety of activities (ie. experiential , online, research-oriented). Challenges students to examine their beliefs in a supportive context.
· References and Research: Empirically grounded; integrates current research studies and data throughout.
Visit Rich Bucher's blog on diversity consciousness and cultural intelligence at www.diversityconsciousness.com/blog
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book and access code order the ISBN below:
0321970144 / 9780321970145 Diversity Consciousness: Opening our Minds to People, Cultures, and Opportunities Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Access Card Package
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Diversity: An Overview
Chapter 2: Diversity Consciousness and Success
Chapter 3: Personal and Social Barriers to Success
Chapter 4: Developing Diversity Consciousness
Chapter 5: Communicating in a Diverse World
Chapter 6: Social Networking
Chapter 7: Teamwork
Chapter 8: Leadership
Chapter 9: Preparing for the Future