Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: DRUGS AND SOCIETY: THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE PERSPECTIVE
1. Understanding Drug-taking Behavior
2. Understanding the Drug Problem in America
3. The History of Drug Use and Drug-Control Policy
4. Theoretical Perspectives on Drug Use and Abuse
5. Drugs and Crime
6. Drugs and the Criminal Justice System
PART TWO: LEGALLY RESTRICTED DRUGS IN OUR SOCIETY
7. Narcotics: Opium, Heroin, and Synthetic Opiates
8. The Major Stimulants: Cocaine and Amphetamines
9. LSD and Other Hallucinogens
11. Depressants and Inhalants
12. Performance-Enhancing Drugs and Drug Testing in Sports
PART THREE: LEGAL DRUGS IN OUR SOCIETY
13. Alcohol: Social Beverage/Social Drug
14. Chronic Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
15. Nicotine and Tobacco Use
PART FOUR: DRUG ABUSE AND DRUG POLICY
16. Prevention and Treatment: Drug Policy and Intervention