Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: DRUGS AND SOCIETY: THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE PERSPECTIVE
1. Understanding Drug-taking Behavior
2. Understanding the Drug Problem in America
3. The History of Drug Use and Drug-Control Policy
4. Theoretical Perspectives on Drug Use and Abuse
5. Drugs and Crime
6. Drugs and the Criminal Justice System
PART TWO: LEGALLY RESTRICTED DRUGS IN OUR SOCIETY
7. Narcotics: Opium, Heroin, and Synthetic Opiates
8. The Major Stimulants: Cocaine and Amphetamines
9. LSD and Other Hallucinogens
11. Depressants and Inhalants
12. Performance-Enhancing Drugs and Drug Testing in Sports
PART THREE: LEGAL DRUGS IN OUR SOCIETY
13. Alcohol: Social Beverage/Social Drug
14. Chronic Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
15. Nicotine and Tobacco Use
PART FOUR: DRUG ABUSE AND DRUG POLICY
16. Prevention and Treatment: Drug Policy and Intervention