Tested and proven by thousands of readers, PangraziUs best-selling book PDynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children P has been updated to guide prospective teachers through the best step-by-step techniques for teaching physical education while navigating through todayUs challenging educational terrain. Well-known educator Robert P. Pangrazi dispels the anxieties many new teachers face by providing the most comprehensive resource for teaching P.E. to elementary school children.KEY TOPICS This market-leading book covers everything from games and activities suitable for every developmental level to teaching strategies and guidelines for every classroom situation. For college instructors, students, or anyone interested teaching physical education.
I. INSTRUCTION AND PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION.
1. Elementary School Physical Education.
2. Teaching Children in the Physical Education Environment.
3. Planning for Quality Instruction.
4. Improving Instructional Effectiveness.
5. Management and Discipline.
7. Children with Disabilities.
8. Curriculum Development.
9. Legal Liability, Supervision, and Safety.
10. Facilities, Equipment, and Supplies.
11. Subject Matter Integration and Rainy Day Activities.
II. TEACHING THE OBJECTIVES OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION.
12. Physical Activity and Fitness.
13. Wellness: Developing a Healthy Lifestyle.
14. Movement Concepts and Themes.
15. Fundamental Motor Skills.
16. Introductory Activities: Applying Fundamental Motor Skills.
17. Manipulative Skills.
18. Body Management Skills.
19. Rhythmic Movement Skills.
20. Gymnastic Skills.
21. Cooperative and Personal Challenge Skills.
22. Game Skills.
28. Track, Field, and Cross-Country Running.