Dynamic Physical Education for Secondary School Students is a methods text that is geared to teach students how to create a positive and motivating learning environment through the use of creative curriculum suggestions and activities. Packed with activities, games, teaching strategies, and instructional cues, this text is essential for beginning and experienced teachers alike. The text contains a suggested curriculum format with introductory activities, fitness/activity routines, and lesson focuses that have been field-tested and are arranged systematically for the teacher to use. The text, when tied to the accompanying lesson plan book, becomes a comprehensive curriculum guide for pre-service and in-service teachers for grades 7-12. Enhancing the curriculum and instruction in secondary physical education, the text includes many new and motivating ideas, strategies, and activities.
JUSTIFYING A PHYSICAL EDUCATION IN THE SECONDARY SCHOOL.
1. Physical Education in the Secondary School.
2. The Impact of Physical Activity on Adolescents.
DESIGNING A PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM.
3. Developing a Curriculum.
4. Curriculum Models.
TEACHING A PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM.
5. Planning for Effective Instruction.
6. Improving Instructional Effectiveness.
7. Effective Management of Students.
8. Teaching Styles.
9. Improving Instruction Systematically.
10. Evaluation and Grading.
DEVELOPING A TOTAL PROGRAM.
11. Students with Disabilities.
12. Liability and Safety.
13. Intramurals, Sport Clubs, and Athletics.
IMPLEMENTING INSTRUCTIONAL ACTIVITIES.
14. Introductory Activities.
15. Physical Activity and Fitness.
16. Wellness for a Lifetime: Activities for Instruction.
17. Mini-Units of Instruction.
18. Team Sports.
19. Individual Sports.
20. Dual Sports.
21. Outdoor Adventure Activities.