Your order must be $59 or more to qualify for free economy shipping.
Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace items, eBooks and apparel do not qualify for this offer.
Get Rewarded for Ordering Your Textbooks!Enroll Now
Customer ReviewsRead Reviews
Write a Review
List Price: $55.00
Written for use in Early Childhood Development courses, or courses in Cultural Diversity. This successful text is the first of its kind to take a multicultural approach/focus to child development. Using a hands-on approach, it presents both typical and atypical development while addressing all current and important topics and issues. The book is arranged within an ages/stages format from birth through age eight. The author continues to provide many practical multicultural/multiethnic cases and examples to implement research findings for working with children. This text is appropriate for development courses in early childhood programs.
Table of Contents
I. YOUNG CHILDREN IN MULTICULTURAL PERSPECTIVE: AN INTRODUCTION.
1. Studying Early Childhood Development in a Diverse World. 2. Historical Perspectives and Research in Early Childhood Development. 3. Theories of Child Development.
II. PRENATAL DEVELOPMENT, CHILDBIRTH, AND INFANCY.
4. Cultural Perspectives on Genetics, Prenatal Development, and Birth. 5. The Newborn. 6. Infant Physical Growth and Brain Development. 7. Cognitive Development in Infancy. 8. Infant Language and Literacy. 9. Infant Social and Emotional Development.
III. DEVELOPMENT IN THE PRESCHOOL YEARS.
10. Preschool Physical and Motor Development. 11. Cognitive Development in the Preschool Years. 12. Symbolic Thought: Play, Language, and Literacy in the Preschool Years. 13. Social and Emotional Development of Preschoolers.
IV. THE PRIMARY YEARS IN CULTURAL CONTEXT.
14. Physical Growth and Motor Development in the Primary Years. 15. Cognition and Schooling. 16. Language, Literacy, and Schooling. 17. Social and Emotional Development in the Primary Years.
V. FAMILIES IN CULTURAL CONTEXT.
18. Parents, Families, and Children: A Multicultural Perspective. Glossary. References. Name Index. Subject Index.