MasteringGeology#8482;, Student Access Code Card for Earth Science:
stars based on
1 user reviews.
With its strong focus on readability and illustrations, this trusted best seller makes an often complex subject accessible to beginning students. This textbook offers a meaningful, non-technical survey that is informative and up-to-date for learning basic principles and concepts.
For the Tenth Edition, the text's design and figures have been updated, and the chapter on climate change has been revised significantly.
The GEODe: Earth CD-ROM is now available online with a new interface.
1. An Introduction to Geology
2. Plate Tectonics: A Scientific Revolution Unfolds
3. Matter and Minerals
4. Magma, Igneous Rocks, and Intrusive Activity
5. Volcanoes and Volcanic Hazards
6. Weathering and Soil
7. Sedimentary Rocks
8. Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks
9. Geologic Time
10. Crustal Deformation
11. Earthquakes and Earthquake Hazards
12. Earth’s Interior
13. Divergent Boundaries: Origin and Evolution of the Ocean Floor
14. Convergent Boundaries: Origin of Mountains
15. Mass Wasting: The Work of Gravity
16. Running Water
18. Glaciers and Glaciation
19. Deserts and Winds
21. Global Climate Change
22. Earth’s Evolution through Geologic Time
23. Energy and Mineral Resources
24. Planetary Geology