More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 11/12/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Duncan Gallie, Professor of Sociology and Official Fellow, Nuffield College, University of Oxford
Professor Duncan Gallie CBE FBA is an Official Fellow of Nuffield College, Oxford and Professor of Sociology in the University of Oxford. His research has focused on comparative European studies of the quality of employment and of unemployment. He has served on Advisory Committees of several European research institutions - IRESCO, L'IFRESI and the Paris School of Economics in France and The National Institute of Social Research in Denmark. He has advised the French government as a member of an expert group set up on psychosocial risks at work. He was a member of the EU Advisory Group on 'Social Sciences and Humanities in the European Research Area' for the Sixth Framework Programme. He served as Vice-President Social Sciences (2004-2006) and then as Foreign Secretary and Vice-President of the British Academy (2006-2011).
Table of Contents
1. Economic Crisis, the Quality of Work and Social Integration: Issues and Context, Duncan Gallie
2. Economic Crisis and Employment Change: The Great Regression, Michael Tahlin
3. Distribution in the Downturn, Michael Tahlin
4. Continuing Training in Times of Economic Crisis, Martina Dieckhoff
5. Job Control, Work Intensity and Work Stress, Duncan Gallie and Ying Zhou
6. Job Insecurity and the Peripheral Workforce, Vanessa Gash and Hande Inanc
7. Work-Life Conflict and Economic Change, Fran McGinnity and Helen Russell
8. Economic Downturn and Work Motivation, Nadia Steiber
9. Unemployment and Subjective Well-being, Helen Russell, Fran McGinnity and Dorothy Watson
10. Economic Crisis, Political Legitimacy and Social Cohesion, Javier Polavieja
11. Economic Crisis, Country Variations and Institutional Structure, Duncan Gallie