Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Brief, relevant readings that spark independent thinking and classroom discussions
The Economics of Macro Issues is a collection of brief, relevant readings that spark independent thinking and classroom discussions in Principles of Economics and Social Issues. The text encourages readers to apply theoretical discussions to today’s important issues and to gain a deeper understanding of current macroeconomic policy concerns.
The Seventh Edition addresses critical new macroeconomic policy issues with timeliness and insight. It showcases pivotal developments in economic affairs and policymaking in ways that will provide both challenge and enlightenment to readers at all levels of academic achievement.
Roger LeRoy Miller
Roger LeRoy Miller received his PhD from the University of Chicago. Dr. Miller is a legal specialist and author of numerous books on law and the legal environment, including criminal procedure. In addition, Dr. Miller has authored books on the war on drugs, the economics of crime and criminal behavior, and on related topics.
Daniel K. Benjamin
Daniel K. Benjamin is an Alumni Distinguished Professor in the John E. Walker Department of Economics, Clemson University.
I. The Miracle of Economic Growth
1. Rich Nation, Poor Nation
2. Innovation and Growth
3. Outsourcing and Economic Growth
4. Poverty, Capitalism, and Growth
5. The Threat to Growth
II. The Business Cycle, Unemployment, and Inflation
6. What Should GDP Include?
7. What’s in a Word? Plenty, When It’s the ‘R’ Word
8. Capital, Wealth, and Inequality
9. The Great Stagflation
10. The Case of the Disappearing Workers
11. Mobility in America
12. Inflation and the Debt Bomb
13. Is it Real, or is it Nominal?
III. Fiscal Policy
14. Can we Afford the Affordable Care Act?
15. Who Really Pays Taxes?
16. Are You Stimulated Yet?
17. Higher Taxes Are in Your Future
18. The Myths of Social Security
IV. Monetary Policy and Financial Institutions
19. The Fed and Financial Panics
20. The Fed Feeding Frenzy
21. High-frequency Trading in Financial Markets
22. Deposit Insurance and Financial Markets
23. Revolutionizing the Way We Pay
V. Globalization and International Finance
24. The Value of the Dollar
25. Is the Eurozone Zoning Out?
26. The Global Power of the Big Mac
27. The Opposition to Globalization
28. The $750,000 Job
References and Weblinks