Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
-- Written for students taking the principles of economics course. By presenting ideas clearly, at an accessible level, and in the context of newsworthy applications, Economics Today: The Macro View is also a valuable resource for professionals seeking a current, real-world introduction to economics.
Economics Today —Bringing the Real World to Your Students
Students learn best when they see concepts applied to examples from their everyday lives. This new edition of Economics Today covers leading-edge issues while lowering barriers to student learning. The text relentlessly pursues the fundamental objective of showing students how economics is front and center in their own lives while providing them with many ways to evaluate their understanding of key concepts covered in each chapter.
Each chapter begins and ends with an Issues and Applications feature, which introduces a timely issue in the chapter opener and analyzes the issue using the economic tools learned in that chapter at the end. This text is also available with MyEconLab®, which includes assessment questions that tie to these Issues and Applications, as well as ABC News video clips. With MyEconLab, students can continue working problems online and receive personalized tutorial resources. Visit MyEconLab for more information.
0133148661 / 9780133148664 Economics Today: The Macro view Plus NEW MyEocnLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card
Package consists of
0132948893 / 9780132948890 Economics Today: The Macro View
0132969939 / 9780132969932 NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Economics Today: The Macro View
Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text (ISBN: 0132948893) or electronic version, MyEconLab does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MyEconLab, please visit: www.myeconlab.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MyEconLab by searching the Pearson Higher Education web site. MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Roger LeRoy Miller is currently affiliated with the Institute for University Studies in Arlington, Texas. Prior to this affiliation, he has held faculty appointments at the University of Washington at Seattle, the University of Hawaii, Clemson University, and the University of Miami, where he co-founded the Law and Economics Center.
Miller has authored and co-authored a myriad of articles and textbooks. He is the sole author of the best-selling Economics Today text and a co-author of the highly successful Economics of Public Issues. In addition to his work in academia, Miller has been invited to give talks and lectures across America, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and France. He has also served as a consultant to several law firms and numerous state and federal agencies.
Table of Contents
1. The Nature of Economics
2. Scarcity and the World of Trade-Offs
3. Demand and Supply
4. Extensions of Demand and Supply Analysis
5. Public Spending and Public Choice
6. Funding the Public Sector
II. INTRODUCTION TO MACROECONOMICS AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
7. The Macroeconomy. Unemployment, Inflation and Deflation
8. Measuring the Economy’s Performance
9. Global Economic Growth and Development
III. REAL GDP DETERMINATION AND FISCAL POLICY
10. Real GDP and the Price Level in the Long Run
11. Classical and Keynesian Macro Analyses
12. Consumption, Real GDP, and the Multiplier
13. Fiscal Policy
14. Deficit Spending and the Public Debt
IV. MONEY, STABILIZATION AND GROWTH
15. Money, Banking and Central Banking
16. Domestic and International Dimensions of Monetary Policy
17. Stabilization in an Integrated World Economy
18. Policies and Prospects for Global Economic Growth
VIII. GLOBAL ECONOMICS
32. Comparative Advantage and the Open Economy
33. Exchange Rates and the Balance of Payments