Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Economics Today —Bringing the Real World to Your Students
Students learn best when they see concepts applied to examples from their everyday lives. This new edition of Economics Today: The Micro View covers leading-edge issues while lowering barriers to student learning. The text relentlessly pursues the fundamental objective of showing students how economics is front and center in their own lives while providing them with many ways to evaluate their understanding of key concepts covered in each chapter.
Each chapter begins and ends with an Issues and Applications feature, which introduces a timely issue in the chapter opener and analyzes the issue using the economic tools learned in that chapter at the end. This text is also available with MyEconLab®, which includes assessment questions that tie to these Issues and Applications, as well as ABC News video clips. With MyEconLab, students can continue working problems online and receive personalized tutorial resources. Visit MyEconLab for more information.
Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text (ISBN: 0132948885) or electronic version, MyEconLab does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MyEconLab, please visit: www.myeconlab.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MyEconLab by searching the Pearson Higher Education web site. MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Roger LeRoy Miller is currently affiliated with the Institute for University Studies in Arlington, Texas. Prior to this affiliation, he has held faculty appointments at the University of Washington at Seattle, the University of Hawaii, Clemson University, and the University of Miami, where he co-founded the Law and Economics Center.¿¿¿¿
Miller has authored and co-authored a myriad of articles and textbooks. He is the sole author of the best-selling Economics Today text and a co-author of the highly successful Economics of Public Issues. In addition to his work in academia, Miller has been invited to give talks and lectures across America, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and France. He has also served as a consultant to several law firms and numerous state and federal agencies.
Table of Contents
1. The Nature of Economics
2. Scarcity and the World of Trade-Offs
3. Demand and Supply
4. Extensions of Demand and Supply Analysis
5. Public Spending and Public Choice
6. Funding the Public Sector
II. DIMENSIONS OF MICROECONOMICS
19. Demand and Supply Elasticity
20. Consumer Choice
21. Rents, Profits, and the Financial Environment of Business
VI. MARKET STRUCTURE, RESOURCE ALLOCATION, AND REGULATION
22. The Firm. Cost and Output Determination
23. Perfect Competition
25. Monopolistic Competition
26. Oligopoly and Strategic Behavior
27. Regulation and Antitrust Policy in a Globalized Economy
VII. LABOR RESOURCES AND THE ENVIRONMENT
28. The Labor Market. Demand, Supply, and Outsourcing
29. Unions and Labor Market Monopoly Power
30. Income, Poverty and Health Care
31. Environmental Economics
VIII. GLOBAL ECONOMICS
32. Comparative Advantage and the Open Economy
33. Exchange Rates and the Balance of Payments