Educational Research: An Introduction, Seventh Edition, is the most comprehensive and widely respected research text for the preparation of graduate-level students and scholars who may need to produce a dissertation or thesis. A comprehensive introduction to the major research methods and types of data analysis used today, this text provides in-depth coverage of all facets of research, from the epistemology of scientific inquiry to research design, data collection, analysis, and reporting of the completed study.
I. EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH: THE FIELD.
1. The Nature of Educational Research.
II. PLANNING A RESEARCH STUDY.
2. Developing a Research Proposal.
3. Ethical, Legal, and Human Relations Issues in Educational Research.
4. Reviewing the Literature.
III. RESEARCH METHODS.
5. Statistical Techniques.
6. Selecting a Sample.
7. Collecting Research Data with Tests and Self-Report Measures.
8. Collecting Research Data with Questionnaires and Interviews.
9. Collecting Research Data Through Observation and Content Analysis.
IV. QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH DESIGN.
10. Descriptive and Causal-Comparative Research Designs.
11. Correlational Research Designs.
12. Experimental Designs, Part 1.
13. Experimental Designs, Part 2.
V. APPROACHES TO QUALITATIVE RESEARCH.
14. Case Study Research.
15. Qualitative Research Traditions.
16. Historical Research.
VI. APPLICATIONS OF RESEARCH.
17. Evaluation Research.
18. Action Research.