Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
John W. Creswell is a Professor of Educational Psychology and teaches courses and writes about educational research design, mixed methods research, and qualitative methodology. He has been at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln for 30 years and has authored 12 books, numerous new editions of these books, and over 150 journal and book chapter publications. These works focus on quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods research. In addition, he founded both the Office of Qualitative and Mixed Methods Research at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and the SAGE journal, the Journal of Mixed Methods Research. He has been an Adjunct Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Michigan and assisted investigators in developing proposals for extramural funding in the health sciences and education. In 2008, he was a Senior Fulbright Scholar to South Africa and lectured on research methodology at five universities.
Part 1: An Introduction to Educational Research
1. The Process and Approaches of Research
Part 2: The Steps in the Process of Research
2. Identifying a Research Problem
3. Reviewing the Literature
4. Specifying a Purpose and Research Questions or Hypotheses
5. Collecting Quantitative Data
6. Analyzing and Interpreting Quantitative Data
7. Collecting Qualitative Data
8. Analyzing and Interpreting Qualitative Data
9. Reporting and Evaluating Research
Part 3: Research Designs
10. Experimental Designs
11. Correlational Designs
12. Survey Designs
13. Grounded Theory Designs
14. Ethnographic Designs
15. Narrative Research Designs
16. Mixed Methods Designs
17. Action Research Designs