Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version
A practical, step-by-step core research text that balances coverage of qualitative and quantitative methods
Educational Research: Planning, Conducting, and Evaluating Quantitative and Qualitative Research offers a truly balanced, inclusive, and integrated overview of the field as it currently stands. This text provides thorough coverage of the methods and procedures used in quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research. It helps students learn how to begin to conduct research and see a project through preparation of a manuscript, and it also helps students learn how to read and evaluate research reports. The Enhanced Pearson eText features interactive learning modules and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133831531 / 9780133831535 Educational Research: Planning, Conducting, and Evaluating Quantitative and Qualitative Research, Loose-Leaf Version with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0133549585 / 9780133549584 Educational Research: Planning, Conducting, and Evaluating Quantitative and Qualitative Research, Loose-Leaf Version
- 0133570088 / 9780133570083 Educational Research: Planning, Conducting, and Evaluating Quantitative and Qualitative Research, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
John W. Creswell is a Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He held the Clifton Institute Endowed Professor Chair for five years, and for the last five years he has served as a co-director at the Office of Qualitative and Mixed Methods Research. He has held positions as Senior Fulbright Scholar (South Africa, 2008, and Thailand, 2012), as a consultant in the health services research area for the Veterans Administration, as Visiting Professor at Harvard’s School of Public Health, and as Adjunct Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Michigan, among others. In addition to his teaching, he has authored numerous articles and books on mixed methods research, qualitative methodology, and general research design, and was the founding Co-Editor for the Journal of Mixed Methods Research. In 2014, Dr. Creswell will be awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Pretoria in South Africa.
Table of Contents
Part I An Introduction to Educational Research
Chapter 1 The Process of Conducting Research Using Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches
Part II The Steps in the Process of Research
Chapter 2 Identifying a Research Problem
Chapter 3 Reviewing the Literature
Chapter 4 Specifying a Purpose and Research Questions or Hypotheses
Chapter 5 Collecting Quantitative Data
Chapter 6 Analyzing and Interpreting Quantitative Data
Chapter 7 Collecting Qualitative Data
Chapter 8 Analyzing and Interpreting Qualitative Data
Chapter 9 Reporting and Evaluating Research
Part III Research Designs
Chapter 10 Experimental Designs
Chapter 11 Correlational Designs
Chapter 12 Survey Designs
Chapter 13 Grounded Theory Designs
Chapter 14 Ethnographic Designs
Chapter 15 Narrative Research Designs
Chapter 16 Mixed Methods Designs
Chapter 17 Action Research Designs