Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
For courses in Intermediate Accounting, Accounting, Business Communication, and Technical Writing
This useful guide covers all stages of the writing process–planning, critical thinking, generating and organizing ideas, writing the draft, revising, and designing for presentation. With an emphasis on coherence, conciseness, and clarity as the most important qualities of the writing done by accountants, it guides readers through the essential skills, highlights aspects of communication that can enhance writing skills, provides material on research, shows how to write for the workplace, and includes coverage of the ethics of communication.
Table of Contents
1. Accountants as Communicators
2. The Writing Process: An Overview
3. The Flow of Thought: Organizing for Coherence
4. A Sense of Style: Writing with Conciseness and Clarity
5. Standard English: Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling
6. Format for Clarity: Document Design
7. Critical Thinking
8. Accounting Research
II: Business Documents
12. E-Communication and Social Media
III: Writing and Your Career
13. Writing for Exams: CPA, CMA, and Academic Exams
14. Writing for Employment: Résumés and Letters of Application
15. Writing for Publication
16. Oral Communication: Listening and Speaking