Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Electric Circuits, Tenth Edition, is designed for use in a one or two-semester Introductory Circuit Analysis or Circuit Theory Course taught in Electrical or Computer Engineering Departments. This title is also suitable for readers seeking an introduction to electric circuits.
Electric Circuits is the most widely used introductory circuits textbook of the past 25 years. As this book has evolved to meet the changing learning styles of students, the underlying teaching approaches and philosophies remain unchanged.
MasteringEngineering for Electric Circuits is a total learning package that is designed to improve results through personalized learning. This innovative online program emulates the instructor’s office–hour environment, guiding students through engineering concepts from Electric Circuits with self-paced individualized coaching.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students.
- Personalize Learning with Individualized Coaching: MasteringEngineering provides students with wrong-answer specific feedback and hints as they work through tutorial homework problems.
- Emphasize the Relationship between Conceptual Understanding and Problem Solving Approaches: Chapter Problems and Practical Perspectives illustrate how the generalized techniques presented in a first-year circuit analysis course relate to problems faced by practicing engineers.
- Build an Understanding of Concepts and Ideas Explicitly in Terms of Previous Learning: Assessment Problems and Fundamental Equations and Concepts help students focus on the key principles in electric circuits.
- Provide Students with a Strong Foundation of Engineering Practices: Computer tools, examples, and supplementary workbooks assist students in the learning process.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringEngineering does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringEngineering search for ISBN-10: 0133875903/ISBN-13: 9780133875904. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133760030/ISBN-13: 9780133760033 and ISBN-10: 013380173X /ISBN-13: 9780133801736.
MasteringEngineering is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Professor JAMES W NILSSON taught at Iowa State University for 39 years. Since retiring from Iowa State, he has been a visiting professor at Notre Dame, California Polytechnic at San Luis Obispo, and the United States Air Force Academy. In 1962, he co-authored (with R.G. Brown) Introduction to Linear Systems Analysis (John Wiley & Sons). In 1968, he authored Introduction to Circuits, Instruments, and Electronics (Harcourt Brae and World). Professor Nilsson received a Standard Oil Outstanding Teacher Award in 1968, the IEEE Undergraduate Teaching Award in 1992, and the McGraw-Hill Jacob Millman Award in 1995. In 1990, he was elected to the rank of Fellow in the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
Professor SUSAN A. RIEDEL has been a member of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Marquette University since 1981. She also holds a clinical research appointment in the Department of Orthopaedics at the Medical College of Wisconsin and was a visiting professor in the Bioengineering Unit at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, as a Fulbright Scholar during the 1989-90 academic year. She has received two awards for teaching excellence at Marquette, and was recognized for her research contributions with an award from the Chicago Unit of the Shriner's Hospitals.
Table of Contents
List of Examples xiii
Chapter 1 Circuit Variables 2
Chapter 2 Circuit Elements 24
Chapter 3 Simple Resistive Circuits 56
Chapter 4 Techniques of Circuit Analysis 88
Chapter 5 The Operational Amplifier 144
Chapter 6 Inductance, Capacitance, and Mutual Inductance 174
Chapter 7 Response of First-Order RL and RC Circuits 212
Chapter 8 Natural and Step Responses of RLC Circuits 264
Chapter 9 Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis 304
Chapter 10 Sinusoidal Steady-State Power Calculations 358
Chapter 11 Balanced Three-Phase Circuits 396
Chapter 12 Introduction to the Laplace Transform 426
Chapter 13 The Laplace Transform in Circuit Analysis 464
Chapter 14 Introduction to Frequency Selective Circuits 520
Chapter 15 Active Filter Circuits 556
Chapter 16 Fourier Series 602
Chapter 17 The Fourier Transform 642
Chapter 18 Two-Port Circuits 676
Appendix A The Solution of Linear Simultaneous Equations 703
Appendix B Complex Numbers 723
Appendix C More on Magnetically Coupled Coils and Ideal Transformers 729
Appendix D The Decibel 737
Appendix E Bode Diagrams 739
Appendix F An Abbreviated Table of Trigonometric Identities 757
Appendix G An Abbreviated Table of Integrals 759
Appendix H Common Standard Component Values 761
Answers to Selected Problems 763