What is included with this book?
1. Electromagnetic Wave Scattering from Random Rough Surfaces: Basics.
2. Derivation of the Scattered Field under Asymptotic Models.
3. Derivation of the Normalized Radar Cross-Section under Asymptotic Models.
APPENDIX 1. Far-Field Scattered Fields under the Method of Stationary Phase.
APPENDIX 2. Calculation of the Scattering Coefficients under the GO for 3D Problems.
About the Authors
Nicolas Pinel worked as a Research Engineer at the IETR (Institut d’Electronique et de Télécommunications de Rennes) laboratory at Polytech Nantes (University of Nantes, France) before joining Alyotech Technologies in Rennes, France, in July 2013. His research interests are in the areas of radar and optical remote sensing, scattering and propagation. In particular, he works on asymptotic methods of electromagnetic wave scattering from random rough surfaces and layers.
Christophe Bourlier works at the IETR (Institut d’Electronique et de Télécommunications de Rennes) laboratory at Polytech Nantes (University of Nantes, France) and is also a Researcher at the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) on electromagnetic wave scattering from rough surfaces and objects for remote sensing applications and radar signatures. He is the author of more than 160 journal articles and conference papers.
1. Scattering from random rough surfaces: Basics
2. Derivation of the scattered field under asymptotic models
3. Derivation of the coherent and incoherent normalized radar cross section under asymptotic models