Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Robert is the recipient of numerous awards, including the 1998 and 2005 Text and Academic Authors Association Textbook Award for Geosystems and Elemental Geosystems, 4e, respectively. He was selected by American River College students as "Teacher of the Year" and received the American River College Patrons Award. Robert received the 1999 Distinguished Teaching Achievement Award from the National Council for Geographic Education and the Outstanding Educator Award from the California Geographical Society in 1997. The Text and Academic Authors Association presented him with its Presidents' Award in 2005. Among many other things, Robert has been deeply involved in the development of Pearson’s Geoscience Animation Library, and he led the editorial board of Rand McNally’s Goode’s World Atlas, 22e.
Table of Contents
PART I: The Energy-Atmosphere System
2. Solar Energy, Seasons, and the Atmosphere
3. Atmospheric Energy and Global Temperatures
4. Atmospheric and Oceanic Circulations
PART II: Water, Weather, and Climate Systems
5. Atmospheric Water and Weather
6. Water Resources
7. Climate Systems and Climate Change
PART III: The Earth—Atmosphere Interface
8. The Dynamic Planet
9. Tectonics, Earthquakes and Volcanoes
10. Weathering, Karst Landscapes, and Mass Movement
11. River Systems and Landforms
12. The Oceans, Coastal Systems, and Wind Processes
13. Glacial and Periglacial Landscapes
PART IV: Soils, Ecosystems, and Biomes
14. The Geography of Soils
15. Ecosystem Essentials
16. Terrestrial Biomes
17. Earth and the Human Denominator
Appendix A Maps in this Text and Topographic Maps
Appendix B The Köppen Climate Classification System
Appendix C Common Conversions