Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
THE MOST CLEAR, COMPLETE, AND EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND REVIEW OF EMERGENCY MEDICINE PROCEDURES AVAILABLE
Going far beyond the scope of most other texts, this lavishly illustrated, expert-authored reference helps you master the clinical and technical skills required to perform the full range of procedures in an emergency or acute care setting. The techniques presented in these pages will dramatically expand your understanding of emergency medicine procedures and--most importantly--your ability to deliver positive patient outcomes.
- Over 1,700 original, precise illustrations
- Sections organized by procedures for each body region
- Each chapter focuses on a single procedure and often includes several proven methods for performing it
- Chapters include:
- Relevant anatomy and pathophysiology
- Indications and contraindications for the procedure
- Preparation of the patient, including consent, anesthesia, and analgesia
- Step-by-step description of the procedure
- Cautions that indicate common problems
- Alternative techniques and helpful hints
- Aftercare and follow-up
- Potential complications
- Summary of critical information
- Includes both common procedures and infrequently encountered procedures
- Important evidence-based recommendations throughout
- Helpful pedagogy--includes key information, cautions, and important facts highlighted in bold
- Companion DVD with animations of the 20 most common or difficult procedures, and complete references for each chapter