Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Manuel García-Carpintero was awarded a 'Distincio de Recerca' for senior researchers by the Catalan Government between 2002 and 2008, and in 2009 the prize 'ICREA Academia' for excellence in research, also funded by the Generalitat de Catalunya, to work on a book on the nature of assertion and reference (2009-2013).
Genoveva Martí is a member elect of the Academia Europaea, since 2009. She is presently the academic director of the Academia Europaea--Barcelona Knowledge Hub. In 2012 she received the Narcis Monturiol medal for scientific and technologic merit, awarded by the Generalitat de Catalunya.
Table of Contents
Introduction, Manuel Garcia-Carpintero
1. Transparency and the Context-Sensitivity of Attitude Reports, Cian Dorr
2. Two Dogmas of Russellianism, Robin Jeshion
3. Intersubjective Intentional Identity, Peter Pagin
4. Vulcan Might Have Existed, and Neptune Not: On the Semantics of Empty Names, Kathrin Gluer-Pagin and Peter Pagin
5. Content Relativism and the Problem of Empty Names, Frederick Kroon
6. Empty Singular Terms in the Mental File Framework, Francois Recanati
7. The Things We Do With Empty Names: Objectual Representations, Non-Veridical Language Games, and Truth Similitude, Kenneth A. Taylor
8. A Practical Solution to the Problem of Empty Singular Thought, Imogen Dickie
9. What is Existence?, Nathan Salmon
10. The Problem of Negative Existentials Inadvertently Solved, Greg Ray
11. Fictional Worlds and Fiction Operators, Mark Sainsbury
12. Many, but almost Holmes?, Briggs Wright
13. Notions of Nothing, Stacie Friend
14. Fictional Realism and Negative Existentials, Tatjana von Solodkoff