PROVEN STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESSFULLY MANAGING HIGH-TECH ENGINEERING PROJECTS
Engineering Project Management for the Global High-Technology Industry describes how to effectively implement a wide array of project management tools and techniques and covers comprehensive details on the entire product development lifecycle. Technology management--from research to advanced development to adoption in new products--is explained with examples of organizational structure and required timelines.
This practical guide discusses key topics such as creating a business plan, performing economic analysis, leveraging internal resources and the supply chain, planning project development, controlling projects, tracking progress, managing risk, and reporting to management. Skills essential to the successful project manager, including communication, leadership, and teamwork, are also addressed. Real-world case studies from top global technology companies illustrate the concepts presented in the book.
- Project lifecycle and development of engineering project management tools and techniques
- Product stages and project management structures for developing them
- Project inception: benchmarking, IP, and voice of the customer (VoC)
- VoC case study
- Project justification and engineering economic analysis
- Make or buy: subcontracting and managing the supply chain
- Engineering project planning and execution
- Project phases, control, risk analysis, and team leadership
- Project monitoring and control case study
- Engineering project communications
- Engineering project and product costing
- Building and managing teams