Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
English for Careers, 11e is designed to keep pace with changing student populations and current workplace trends. Appropriate for a wide audience, it helps students acquire fluency in Standard English and understand the basic principles of grammar, punctuation and writing. Offering a warm tone and accessible presentation, it focuses on the “real-world” English skills needed to get a good job, hold a job, and advance in a career. This edition offers a new and improved instructional design, career connection features, and more real-world assignments.
Table of Contents
UNIT I: MASTERING THE ART OF GOOD WRITING
1. References and Resources
2. The Parts of Speech
3. Sentence Fundamentals
UNIT 2: KNOWING YOUR SUBJECT
4. Nouns: Forming Plurals
5. Nouns: Forming Possessives
6. Pronouns: Types and Their Uses
7. Pronouns: Agreement and Writing Principles
UNIT 3: MASTERING VERBS & MODIFIERS
8. Verbs: Types, Tenses, and Forms
9. Subject-Verb Agreement
10. Adjectives and Adverbs
UNIT 4: PERFECTING SENTENCE PUNCTUATION
11. Punctuation: The Comma
12. Punctuation: The Semicolon, Colon, and Other Marks
13. Punctuation: The Fine Points
UNIT 5: WRITING FOR CAREER SUCCESS
14. Polishing Your Writing
15. Capitalization, Abbreviation, and Numbers