For today’s enterprises, mobile apps can have a truly transformational impact. However, to maximize their value, you can’t build them in isolation. Your new mobile apps must reflect the revolutionary mobile paradigm and delight today’s mobile users--but they must also integrate smoothly with existing systems and leverage previous generations of IT investment.
In this guide, a team of IBM’s leading experts show how to meet all these goals. Drawing on extensive experience with pioneering enterprise clients, they cover every facet of planning, building, integrating, and deploying mobile apps in large-scale production environments. You’ll find proven advice and best practices for architecture, cloud integration, security, user experience, coding, testing, and much more.
Each chapter can stand alone to help you solve specific real-world problems. Together, they help you establish a flow of DevOps activities and lifecycle processes fully optimized for enterprise mobility.
- How mobile applications motivate business innovation--and why they present unique challenges for enterprise IT
- Understanding how the enterprise mobile app lifecycle resembles and differs from conventional development
- Designing mobile business apps that delight their users
- Choosing more effective mobile development techniques, languages, and architectural approaches
- Optimizing linkages between mobile front-ends and enterprise back-end systems
- Testing for complex, constantly changing device environments
- Practicing DevOps to accelerate and increase value, from ideation to delivery