Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
UNIT 1 What Business Do You Want to Start?
1. Entrepreneurs Recognize Opportunities
3. Finding Opportunity in an Existing Business
4. The Business Plan: Road Map to Success
Unit 1 Case Study: FastSigns
UNIT 2 Who Are Your Customers?
5. Creating Business from Opportunity
6. Exploring Your Market
Unit 2 Case Study: Nicole Miller Ltd.
UNIT 3 Integrated Marketing
7. Developing the Right Marketing Mix and Plan
8. Pricing and Credit Strategies
9. Integrated Marketing Communications
10. Marketing Globally
11. Smart Selling and Effective Customer Service
Unit 3 Case Study: Ken Done Galleries
UNIT 4 Finding, Securing, and Managing Financial Resources
12. Understanding and Managing Start-Up, Fixed, and Variable Costs
13. Using Financial Statements to Guide a Business
14. Cash Flow and Taxes
15. Financing Strategy: Debt, Equity, or Both?
Unit 4 Case Study: Bridgecreek Development
UNIT 5 Operating a Small Business Effectively
16. Addressing Legal Issues and Managing Risk
17. Operating for Success
18. Location, Facilities and Layout
19. Human Resources and Management
Unit 5 Case Study: Mo’s Chowder
UNIT 6 Leadership, Ethics, and Exits
20. Leadership and Ethical Practices
21. Franchising, Licensing, and Harvesting: Cashing in the Brand
Unit 6 Case Study: Avocent