Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
UNIT I: ENTREPRENEURIAL PATHWAYS
1. Entrepreneurs Recognize Opportunities
2. The Business Plan: Road Map to Success
The Honest Tea Business Plan
3. Creating Business from Opportunity
Unit I Case Study: Nicole Miller Company
UNIT II: INTEGRATED MARKETING
4. Exploring Your Market
5. Developing the Right Marketing Mix and Plan
6. Smart Selling and Effective Customer Service
Unit II Case Study: Ken Done Studios
UNIT III: SHOW ME THE MONEY: FINDING, SECURING, AND MANAGING IT
7. Understanding and Managing Start-Up, Fixed, and Variable Costs
8. Using Financial Statements to Guide a Business
9. Cash Flow and Taxes
10. Financing Strategy: Debt, Equity, or Both?
Unit III: Case Study: FASTSIGNS
UNIT IV: OPERATING A SMALL BUSINESS EFFECTIVELY
11. Addressing Legal Issues and Managing Risk
12. Operating for Success
13. Management, Leadership and Ethical Practices
Unit III: Case Study: Mo's Chowder
14. Franchising, Licensing, and Harvesting: Cashing in Your Brand
Unit IV: Case Study: Avocent
APPENDIX I: HONEST TEA SAMPLE BUSINESS PLAN–ANNOTATED
APPENDIX II: SAMPLE STUDENT BUSINESS PLAN
APPENDIX III: BIZBUILDER BUISINESS PLAN
APPENDIX IV: RESOURCES FOR ENTREPRENEURS
APPENDIX V: USEFUL FORMULAS AND EQUATIONS
APPENDIX VI: ACCOUNTING JOURNAL DISTRIBUTION GUIDE
APPENDIX VII: USING BUSINESS PLAN PRO®
APPENDIX VIII: GLOSSARY