Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Professor of Economics and Environmental Studies, University of California, Santa Barbara
Table of Contents
PART I: Introduction
1. The Environment and Economics
2. Normative and Positive Economic Analysis
PART II. How Much Environmental Quality?
3. Social Choice: How Much Environmental Protection?
4. Efficiency and Markets
5. Market Failure: Public Goods, Public Bads and Externalities
6. Making Decisions about Environmental Programs
7. Demand for Environmental Goods
8. Hedonic Price Methods
9. Household Production
10. Constructed Markets
Part III: Regulating Individuals and Firms
11. Regulating Pollution
13. Property rights
14. Spatial and Temporal Issues
15. Regulating Polluters with Unknown Costs
16. Audits, Enforcement and Moral Hazard
17. Voluntary Actions and Agreements
Part IV: Advanced Topics
18. Risk and Uncertainty
19. International and Interregional Competition
20. Environment, Growth and Development