Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Martin West was a Fellow and Praelector at University College, Oxford, from 1963 to 1974, then Professor of Greek at Bedford and Royal Holloway Colleges London till 1991, and a Senior Research Fellow at All Souls College Oxford from 1991 to 2004. He continues to live and work in Oxford.
Table of Contents
1. What was the Epic Cycle?
2. Proclus Chrestomatheias Eklogai and Apollodorus Bibliotheke
3. The formation of the Cycle
5. Reflexes in Archaic and Classical art and literature
6. The Cycle in the Hellenistic and early Roman periods
7. Reconstructing the poems
3. Little Iliad
4. Iliou Persis
Excursus: The Death of Odysseus