Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1.The Chemical Basis of Life
2. Aqueous Chemistry
3. From Genes to Proteins
4. Protein Structure
5. Myoglobin and Hemoglobin: A Study of Protein Function
6. Cytoskeletal and Motor Proteins
7. Chymotrypsin: A Model Enzyme
8. Enzyme Kinetics and Inhibition
9. Lipids and Membranes
10. Membrane Function
11. Carbohydrate Chemistry
12. Overview of Mammalian Metabolism and Bioenergetics
13. Glucose Metabolism
14. The Citric Acid Cycle
15. Oxidative Phosphorylation
17. Lipid Metabolism
18. Nitrogen Metabolism
19. Regulation of Mammalian Fuel Metabolism
20. DNA Replication
21. Cancer and DNA Repair
22. Transcription and RNA
23. Protein Synthesis