World-renowned origami artists Michael G. LaFosse and Richard L. Alexander share their wisdom and expertise in this complete introduction to the world of origami paper folding. Beginning origami folders can progress through 16 step-by-step lessons, each with an accompanying video lesson on the free DVD included with this book. Each lesson features a project that's been selected to encourage development of origami folding techniques in a highly enjoyable way. Most of the projects are original, never seen before in print.
In addition to presenting invaluable information about how to select your origami papers, how to preserve and display your origami creations, and even how to begin selling origami commerciall—this origami book also presents the authors' original "philosophy" of the paper folder's art.
This indispensible origami book provides an understanding of how to:
- Understand the folding properties and limitations of various papers
- "Dance with the Paper" which means folding in the air instead of on a table
- Design your own original origami models
- Wet-fold paper money
- Make duo-sided paper by back-coating
- Prepare papers with pearlescent and lustrous paints for scintillating effects
- Pre-paint and wet-fold watercolor paper
- Understand how the paper's grain impacts fold placement during wet-folding
- Fold multi-piece modular compositions