Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Andrew Rex has been professor of physics at the University of Puget Sound since 1982. He frequently teaches the College Physics course, so he has a deep sense of student and instructor challenges. He is the author of several textbooks, including Modern Physics for Scientists and Engineers and Integrated Physics and Calculus.In addition to textbook writing, he studies foundations of the second law of thermodynamics, which has led to the publication of several papers and the widely acclaimed book Maxwell’s Demon: Entropy, Information, Computing.
Richard Wolfson has been professor of physics at Middlebury College for more than 25 years. In addition to his textbooks, Essential University Physics, Physics for Scientists and Engineers, and Energy, Environment, and Climate, he has written two science books for general audiences: Nuclear Choices: A Citizen’s Guide to Nuclear Technology, and Simply Einstein: Relativity Demystified. His video courses for the Teaching Company include Physics in Your Life and Einstein’s Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Non-Scientists.
Table of Contents
1. Measurements in Physics
2. Motion in One Dimension
3. Motion in Two Dimensions
4. Force and Newton’s Laws of Motion
5. Work and Energy
6. Momentum and Collisions
8. Rotational Motion
10. Solids and Fluids
11. Waves and Sound
12. Temperature, Thermal Expansion, and Ideal Gases
14. The Laws of Thermodynamics
15. Electric Charges, Forces, and Fields
16. Electric Energy, Potential, and Capacitors
17. Electric Current, Resistance, and Circuits
18. Magnetic Fields and Forces
19. Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
20. Electromagnetic Waves and Special Relativity
21. Geometrical Optics
22. Wave Optics
23. Modern Physics
24. Atomic Physics
25. Nuclear Physics
26. A Universe of Particles