Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Jeanne Ellis Ormrod received her A.B. in psychology from Brown University and her M.S. and Ph.D. in educational psychology from The Pennsylvania State University. She earned licensure in school psychology through postdoctoral work at Temple University and the University of Colorado at Boulder and has worked as a middle school geography teacher and school psychologist. She was Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Northern Colorado until 1998 and is currently Professor Emerita in UNC’s School of Psychological Sciences. She has published numerous research articles on cognition and memory, cognitive development, and giftedness, but she is probably best known for this textbook and four others: Educational Psychology: Developing Learners (now in its seventh edition); Human Learning (now in its fifth edition); Child Development and Education (co-authored with Teresa McDevitt, now in its fourth edition); and Practical Research (co-authored with Paul Leedy, now in its ninth edition). After raising three children (two of whom have become teachers themselves), she now lives in New Hampshire with her husband Richard and occasionally teaches courses at the University of New Hampshire.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Educational Psychology
2. Learning, Cognition, and Memory
3. Learning in Context
4. Complex Cognitive Processes
5. Cognitive Development
6. Motivation and Affect
7. Personal, Social, and Moral Development
8. Instructional Strategies
9. Strategies for Creating an Effective Classroom Environment
10. Assessment Strategies
Appendix. Interpreting Standardized Test Scores