This fifth edition of the popular book introduces you to the processes of new venture creation and the critical knowledge needed to manage your business once it is formed. With the help of this book, readers can follow their dreams of becoming successful entrepreneurs. Topics include: the challenges of entrepreneurship, building a business plan, marketing considerations, e-commerce and the entrepreneur, advertising and pricing for profit, financial considerations and managing cash flow, building a competitive edge, and debt/equity and site and location considerations. For any person interested in owning, operating, and managing a small business. Also a handy reference for entrepreneurs and managers of small businesses.
I. THE CHALLENGES OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP.
1. The Foundations of Entrepreneurship.
2. Inside the Entrepreneurial Mind: From Ideas to Reality.
II. BUILDING THE BUSINESS PLAN: BEGINNING CONSIDERATIONS.
3. Strategic Management and the Entrepreneur.
4. Forms of Ownership and Franchising.
5. Buying an Existing Business.
III. BUILDING THE BUSINESS PLAN: MARKETING AND FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS.
6. Building a Powerful Marketing Plan.
7. Advertising and Pricing for Profit.
8. Managing Cash Flow.
9. Creating a Successful Financial Plan.
10. Crafting a Winning Business Plan.
IV. PUTTING THE BUSINESS PLAN TO WORK: BUILDING A COMPETITIVE EDGE.
11. Sources of Funds: Debt and Equity.
12. Choosing the Right Location and Layout.
13. Global Aspects of Entrepreneurship: Why Go Global?
14. Leading the Growing Company and Planning for Management Succession.
15. E-Commerce and the Entrepreneur.