Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Allen Frances, MD, is a clinician, educator, researcher, and leading authority on psychiatric diagnosis. He chaired the DSM-IV Task Force, was a member of the Task Force that prepared DSM-III-R, and wrote the final version of the Personality Disorders section in DSM-III. The author of several hundred papers and more than a dozen books, most recently Saving Normal: An Insider's Revolt against Out-of-Control Psychiatric Diagnosis, DSM-5, Big Pharma, and the Medicalization of Ordinary Life, Dr. Frances is Professor Emeritus and former Chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Duke University. He is an active blogger for The Huffington Post, Psychology Today, and Education Update.
Table of Contents
2. Disorders Usually First Diagnosed in Childhood and Adolescence
3. Depressive Disorders
4. Bipolar Disorders
5. Anxiety Disorders
6. Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
7. Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders
8. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
9. Substance-Related Disorders and Behavioral Addictions
10. Neurocognitive Disorders
11. Personality Disorders
12. Impulse Control Disorders
13. Eating Disorders
14. Sleep-Wake Disorders
15. Sexual and Gender Issues
16. Disorders Related to Physical Symptoms
17. Dissociative Disorders
18. Codes for Conditions That May Be a Focus of Clinical Attention but Are Not Mental Disorders
Appendix. Crosswalk to ICD-10 Codes
Resources for Codes