Text offers a short, concise explanation of the most important concepts and techniques in Strategic Management. For professionals in fields of strategic planning and competitive strategy. Softcover. Previous ed. c2001.
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION TO STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT.
1. Basic Concepts of Strategic Management. 2. Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility.
II. SCANNING THE ENVIRONMENT.
3. Environmental Scanning and Industry Analysis. 4. Internal Scanning: Organizational Analysis.
III. STRATEGY FORMULATION.
5. Strategy Formulation: Situation Analysis and Business Strategy. 6. Strategy Formulation: Corporate Strategy. 7. Strategy Formulation: Functional Strategy and Strategic Choice.
IV. STRATEGY IMPLEMENTATION AND CONTROL.
8. Strategy Implementation: Organizing for Action. 9. Strategy Implementation: Staffing and Leading. 10. Evaluation and Control.
V. INTRODUCTION TO CASE ANALYSIS.
11. Suggestions for Case Analysis. Appendix 11.A: Suggested Techniques for Case Analysis and Presentation. Appendix 11.B: Resources for Case Research. Appendix 11.C: Strategic Audit of a Corporation. Index.