Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
I rate the seller 5 stars and I plan to buy from ecampus again in the future.
Essentials of Strategic Management responds head-on to the growing requests by business faculty for a concisely-written strategic management text thatís robust and theory-driven and supported with a compelling collection of cases. This text was written with four objectives in mind:
1) Although relatively brief in length, the text provides students with an up-to-date and thorough understanding of essential strategic management concepts and analytic tools
2) It simplifies the task of demonstrating student learning through course embedded assessment
3) The concepts are supported by contemporary, well-written cases involving headline strategic issues
4) The text serves as the theoretical foundation of a teaching approach incorporating a business strategy simulation.
Table of Contents
|Strategy, Corporate Entrepreneurship, and Leadership|
|Strategy and the Quest for Competitive Advantage|
|Leadership and the Strategic Management Process|
|Evaluating a Company’s External Environment|
|Factors Shaping Strategic Choices|
|Internal Situation Analysis: Evaluating a Company’s Resources, Cost Position, and Competitive Strength|
|The Five Generic Competitive Strategies|
|Executing the Strategy|
|Supplementing the Chosen Competitive Strategy— Other Important Business Strategy Choices|
|Strategies for Competing in International Markets|
|Beyond Competitive Strategy|
|Strategies for Multibusiness Corporations|
|Ethical Business Strategies, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Environmental Sustainability|
|Superior Strategy Execution—Another Path to Competitive Advantage|
|Cases in Strategic Management|
|Mystic Monk Coffee|
|Whole Foods Market in 2008: Vision, Core Values, and Strategy|
|Competition in the Golf Equipment Industry in 2009|
|Competition in the Movie Rental Industry in 2008: Netflix and Blockbuster Battle for Market Leadership|
|Dell Inc. in 2008: Can It Overtake Hewlett-Packard as the Worldwide Leader in Personal Computers?|
|Apple Inc. in 2009|
|Nintendo’s Strategy in 2009: The Ongoing Battle with Microsoft and Sony|
|Google’s Strategy in 2009 380|
|SkyWest, Inc. and the Regional Airline Industry in 2009|
|Corporate Strategy in Multibusiness Companies|
|PepsiCo’s Diversification Strategy in 2008|
|Adidas in 2009: Has Corporate Restructuring Increased Shareholder Value?|
|Implementing and Executing Strategy|
|Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in 2008: Management’s Initiative to Transform the Company and Curtail Wal-Mart Bashing|
|Southwest Airlines in 2008: Culture, Values, and Operating Practices|
|Business Ethics and Social Responsibility|
|Countrywide Financial Corporation and the Subprime Mortgage Debacle|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|