Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
The only complete, up-to-date guide to estimating modern building construction projects -- now updated, expanded, and incorporating many additional workbook problems.
Now updated and expanded, Estimating in Building Construction, Eighth Edition, brings together everything needed for a complete, modern course in estimating. Building on well-proven previous editions, it combines sound coverage of principles with step-by-step procedures to help students learn concepts more easily. Ideal for construction, architecture, and engineering students, it reflects the popular approach of tracking a complete project's progress. There are examples of estimating portions of the building that many General Contractors perform, and thorough coverage of the use of specialty subcontractors. This edition adds a new discussion of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and more detailed discussions of estimating equipment cost, electrical, plumbing (including fire sprinklers), and HVAC. For convenience and cost savings, workbook problems that accompanied the previous edition have been incorporated into the book.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This book will help construction, architecture, and engineering students quickly master today's best practices for estimating building construction projects. It provides:
- Extensive examples and problems designed to link theory to practice: Helps students deepen the judgment skills they will need to succeed in real-world estimating
- Expanded and updated coverage of today's key challenges and techniques–Helps students master the latest industry practices and standards, and utilize key innovations such as Building Information Modeling
- Includes extensive reference resources for professional estimating: Gives students resources they can rely on throughout their careers, from sample specifications to spreadsheets
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Estimating
2. Contracts, Bonds, and Insurance
3. Project Manual
4. The Estimate
5. Computers in Estimating
6. Overhead and Contingencies
14. Thermal and Moisture Protection
15. Doors and Windows
19. Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning
21. Other Estimating Methods
Appendix A. Drawings and Outline Specifications for
Appendix B. Drawings and Outline Specifications for Residential Building Project
Appendix C. Drawings and Outline Specifications for
Appendix D. Common Terms Used in the Building Industry
Appendix E. Conversions
Appendix F. Billy’s C-Store
Appendix G. Real Estate Office
Appendix H. Bidsim