Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
An extensive Companion Website (coming soon) will offer resources for students--interactive maps of Europe; an interactive timeline of key events in the history of the EU; multiple-choice questions; biographies of important figures in EU history; an exam study guide; a flashcard glossary; and links to OUP journal articles--and instructors--PowerPoint-based lecture slides; essay, seminar, and quiz questions; and boxes and figures from the text.
Table of Contents
PART ONE. THE HISTORICAL CONTEXT
2. The European Community: From 1945 to 1985, Derek W. Urwin
3. The European Union: Establishment and Development, David Phinnemore
4. From the Constitutional Treaty to the Treaty of Lisbon and Beyond, Clive Church and David Phinnemore
PART TWO. THEORIES AND CONCEPTUAL APPROACHES
5. Neo-functionalism, Carsten Stroby Jensen
6. Intergovernmentalism, Michelle Cini
7. Theorizing the EU After Integration Theory, Ben Rosamond
PART THREE. INSTITUTIONS AND ACTORS
8. Governance in the EU, Thomas Christiansen
9. Europeanization, Tanja Boerzel and Diana Panke
10. The European Commission, Morten Egeberg
11. The Council of the European Union and the European Council, Jeffrey Lewis
12. The European Parliament, Charlotte Burns
13. The Courts of the European Union, Ilias Kapsis
14. Interest Groups and the European Union, Rainer Eising and Sonja Lehringer
PART FOUR. POLICY AND POLICY-MAKING IN THE EU
15. Policy-Making in the European Union, Alex Warleigh-Lack and Ralf Drachenberg
16. European Union External Relations, Michael Smith
17. Enlargement, Nieves Perez-Solorzano Borragan and Ana E. Juncos
18. The EU's Foreign, Security, and Defense Policies, Robert Dover
19. The Single Market, Michelle Egan
20. The EU's Social Dimension, Gerda Falkner
21. Area of Freedom, Security, and Justice, Emek M. Ucarer
22. Economic and Monetary Union, Amy Verdun
23. The Common Agricultural Policy, Eve Fouilleux
24. Environmental Policy, David Benson and Andrew Jordan
PART FIVE. ISSUES AND DEBATES
25. Democracy and Legitimacy in the EU, Stijn Smismans
26. Public Opinion and the EU, Lauren M. McLaren and Simona Guerra
27. The EU and the Economic Crisis, Dermot Hudson and Ewe Puetter