Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
Part A: Introductory Section
1. The evolutionary origin of multimodal synchronisation and emotional expression, M. Mortillaru, M. Mehu and K.R. Scherer
2. Primate precursors to human language: Beyond discontinuity, W.T. Fitch and K. Zuberbuhler
3. Brain networks for the encoding of emotions in communication sounds of human and nonhuman primates, J.P. Rauschecker
Part B: Different mammalian taxa
4. Sound communication in house mice: Emotions in their voices and ears?, G. Ehret
5. Vocalizations as indicators of emotional states in rats and cats, S. Brudzynks
6. Beyond echolocation: Emotional acoustic communication in bats, S. Schmidt
7. Emotional communication in African Elephants, J. Soltis
8. Toward the evolutionary roots of affective prosody in human acoustic communication: A comparative approach to mammalian voices, E. Zimmermann, L. Leliveld, and S. Schehka
9. Emotional communication in monkeys: Music to their ears?, C.T. Snowdon and D. Teie
Part C: Non-speech Human vocalizations
10. Infant crying and the synchrony of arousal, P. Zeskind
11. Understanding spontaneous human laughter: The role of voicing in inducing positive emotion, M. J. Owren, M. Philipp, E. Vanman, N. Trivedi, A. Schulman, and J.A. Bachorowski
12. Vocal expression of emotions in laughter, D. Szameitat, D. Wildgruber, and K. Alter
Part D: Human Prosody
13. An integrative model of brain processes for the decoding of emotional prosody, D. Grandjean and S. Fruhholz
14. On the orbito-striatal interface in (acoustic) emotional processing, S.A. Kotz, A.S. Hasting, and S. Paulmann
15. The role of dopamine in perception and expression of emotional communication in Parkinson's disease, C. Schroeder and R. Dengler
16. Vocal affect expression: Problems and promises, P.N. Juslin
Part E: Music
17. Towards a neurobiology of musical emotions, I. Peretz, W. Aube, and J. Armony
18. Acoustically mediated emotional contagion as an across-species homology underlying music processing, T. Fritz and S. Koelsch
19. A contribution to the evolutionary basis of music: Lessons from the chill-response, E. Altenmuller R. Kopiez, and O. Grewe
Part F: Summary: Where to go?
20. A cross-taxa concept of emotion in acoustic communication: An ethological perspective, 1. E. Altenmuller, S. Schmidt, and E. Zimmermann