More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the Reprint edition with a publication date of 2/20/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
A prominent educator offers a unique exploration of modern mathematics' evolutionary development. Rather than conducting a survey of the history or philosophy of mathematics, the author envisions mathematics as a broad cultural phenomenon. His treatment examines and illustrates how such concepts as number and length were affected by historic and social events. 1973 edition.
Table of Contents
1. Preliminary Notions
2. Early Evolution of Number
3. Evolution of Geometry
4. The Real Numbers: Conquest of the Infinite
5. The Processes of Evolution
6. Evolutionary Aspects of Modern Mathematics