ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For undergraduate business communication courses
Learn Business Communication Skills by Example
Students need to have excellent, effective, and practical business communication skills in order to succeed in today’s business world. Excellence in Business Communication delivers an abundance of the most realistic model documents and tools, helping students learn business communication skills by example.
Technology, globalization, and other forces have dramatically changed the practice of business communication in recent years. The Eleventh Edition offers in-depth coverage of new and emerging media skills and concepts, as well as chapter-opening vignettes, figures, and communication cases that expose students to professional use of social media and other new technologies.
MyBCommLab for Excellence in Business Communication is a total learning package.
MyBCommLab is the online study tool that helps you transform business communication students into polished professionals, ready to tackle the rigors of today’s business landscape. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams–resulting in better performance in the course–and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning with MyBCommLab: Inspire the exchange of new ideas and foster intriguing discussions with the abundant resources found in MyBCommLab.
- Help Students Apply Knowledge from the Text to the Real World: Cases give students the opportunity to solve real-world communication challenges.
- Promote Active Learning and Stimulate Critical Thinking: Examples, exercises and activities help students practice vital skills and put knowledge to immediate use.
- Offer the Latest Information on Today’s Hottest Topics and Trends: In-depth coverage of new and emerging media skills and concepts, as well as chapter-opening vignettes, figures, and communication cases that expose students to professional use of social media and other new technologies.
This package contains:
0133544176 / 9780133544176 Excellence in Business Communication, 11/e
0133545814 / 9780133545814 NEW MyBCommLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Excellence in Business Communication, 11/e
I. Understanding the Foundations of Business Communication
1. Achieving Success Through Effective Business Communication
2. Mastering Team Skills and Interpersonal Communication
3. Communicating in a World of Diversity
II. Applying the Three-Step Writing Process
4. Planning Business Messages
5. Writing Business Messages
6. Completing Business Messages
III. Crafting Brief Messages
7. Crafting Messages for Electronic and Social Media
8. Writing Routine and Positive Messages
9. Writing Negative Messages
10. Writing Persuasive Messages
IV. Preparing Reports and Oral Presentations
11. Planning Reports and Proposals
12. Writing Reports and Proposals
13. Completing Reports and Proposals
14. Designing and Delivering Oral and Online Presentations
V. Writing Employment Messages and Interviewing for Jobs
15. Building Careers and Writing Résumés
16. Applying and Interviewing for Employment
APPENDIX A. Format and Layout of Business Documents
APPENDIX B. Documentation of Report Sources
APPENDIX C. Correction Symbols
Handbook of Grammar, Mechanics, and Usage