More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 7th edition with a publication date of 12/1/2008.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
* Internet exercises available on the Web. * Topics and approach emphasize the development of scientific literacy. * Written in a clear, easy-to-read style. * Numerous experiments to choose from cover all topics typically covered in prep chemistry courses. * Avoids the use of known carcinogens and toxic metal salts. * Chemical Capsules demonstrate the relevance and importance of chemistry.
Table of Contents
|Introductory Concepts, Techniques, and Challenges|
|Mixtures: Separation and Purification|
|Lewis Structures and Molecular Models|
|Classification of Chemical Reactions|
|Empirical Formula of Zinc Oxide|
|Empirical Formula of a Hydrate|
|Stoichiometry of a Reaction|
|Enthalpies in Physical and Chemical Changes|
|Chemical Properties of Oxygen and Hydrogen|
|Distillation and Hardness of Water|
|Ionic Reactions and Conductivity|
|Analysis of Cations|
|Acidity and pH|
|Analysis of Bleach and Copper (II) Glycinate|
|The Rates of Chemical Reactions|
|Molecular Models of Organic Compounds|
|Solutions to Starred Prelaboratory Exercises|
|Common Ions by Charge|
|Solubility of Ionic Compounds|
|Properties of Elements|
|Chemical Toxicity, Safety, and Uses|
|Periodic Properties of the Elements|
|Chemists, Chemistry and Society|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|