Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Family.
2. Framework for Family Communication.
3. The Family as a System.
4. Communication Patterns and the Creation of Family Meanings.
5. Symbolic Meanings and Communication: Family Rituals, Currencies, and Stories.
6. Intimacy and Closeness within Families.
7. Communication and Family Roles and Types.
9. Decision Making.
10. Communication and Family Conflict.
11. Communication and Family Stress: Developmental Issues.
12. Family Communication and Unpredictable Stress.
13. Communication within Various Family Forms.
14. Contextual Dimensions of Family Communication.
15. Improving Family Communication.