What is included with this book?
Make the most of FileMaker Pro 13–without becoming a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to create FileMaker Pro databases that perform well, are easy to manage, solve problems, and achieve your goals! Even if you’ve never used FileMaker Pro before, you’ll learn how to do what you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. FileMaker Pro has never, ever been this simple!
Who knew how simple FileMaker® Pro 13 could be?
This is the easiest, most practical beginner’s guide to using the powerful new FileMaker Pro 13 database program…simple, reliable instructions for doing everything you really want to do!
Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
• Get comfortable with the FileMaker Pro environment, and discover all you can do with it
• Create complete databases instantly with Starter Solutions
• Design custom databases that efficiently meet your specific needs
• Identify the right tables, fields, and relationships; create new databases from scratch
• Expand your database to integrate new data and tables
• Craft layouts that make your database easier and more efficient to use
• Quickly find, sort, organize, import, and export data
• Create intuitive, visual reports and graphs for better decision-making
• Use scripts to automate a wide variety of routine tasks
• Safeguard databases with accounts, privileges, and reliable backups
• Share data with colleagues running iPads, iPhones, Windows computers, or Macs
• Take your data with you through FileMaker Go
• Master expert tips and hidden features you’d never find on your own
• And much more…
Tim Dietrich is an independent database professional who specializes in FileMaker Pro. He designs custom database solutions that help organizations solve problems and achieve goals. He also offers FileMaker training and coaching to groups and individuals, with courses designed for users at all skill levels. His clients range from small businesses to government agencies to Fortune 50 organizations.
Tim has been developing with FileMaker Pro since 1992, and he is a FileMaker 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 Certified Developer. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Towson University, where he studied Computer Science with a concentration in Information Systems.
Tim lives in Richmond, Virginia, with his wife, Kelly, and their son, Alex. To learn more about the author, visit his website at: http://timdietrich.me.
Part 1. Getting to Know FileMaker Pro
1. Welcome to FileMaker
2. A Quick Tour of FileMaker Pro
3. Exploring The Database
Part 2. Building Your Own Database
4. Planning and Designing Your Database
5. Creating the Database
6. Expanding the Database With Related Data
7. Creating Layouts
Part 3. Using Your Database
8. Finding and Sorting Data
9. Creating Reports
10. Automating Your Database With Scripts
11. Importing And Exporting Data
Part 4. Protecting, Sharing, and Caring For Your Database
12. Protecting Your Database With Accounts and Privileges
13. Sharing Your Database
14. Backing Up Your Database
15. Taking Your Data With You
A. Learning More