Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For introductory courses in Financial Accounting taught from a more traditional “preparer” approach
Financial Accounting helps students “nail” the accounting cycle!
Financial Accounting features the ‘accounting cycle’ up front in the text in order to increase success and retention later on. The concepts and mechanics students learn in the critical ‘accounting cycle’ chapters are used consistently and repetitively—and with clear-cut details and explanations—throughout the remainder of the text, thus minimizing confusion.
MyAccountingLab for Financial Accounting is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course—and provides educators with a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Financial Accounting, Tenth Edition will:
- Personalize learning with MyAccountingLab: MyAccountingLab provides instructors with a rich and flexible set of course materials, along with course-management tools that make it easy to deliver all or a portion of your course online.
- Use consistency, repetition, and a high level of detail when teaching core accounting concepts.
- Teach with a better coverage of the accounting cycle from start to finish. The text covers a wide range of topics that prepares students for their field.¿
- Reinforce learning by using exercises: End-of-chapter, analytical, and Challenge Problems allows students to review the material and gain a better grasp of the text.
Note: Financial Accounting Plus NEW MyAccountingLab with Pearson eText Access Card Package, 10e contains:
• 0133427536 / 9780133427530 Financial Accounting, 10e
• 0133437280 / 9780133437287 NEW MyAccountingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Financial Accounting, 10e
MyAccountingLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
2. Transaction Analysis
3. Accrual Accounting & Income
4. Internal Control & Cash
5. Short-Term Investments & Receivables
6. Inventory & Cost of Goods Sold
7. Plant Assets, Natural Resources, & Intangibles
8. Long-Term Investments & the Time Value of Money
10. Stockholders’ Equity
11. Evaluating Performance: Earnings Quality, the Income Statement, & the Statement of Comprehensive Income
12. The Statement of Cash Flows
13. Financial Statement Analysis
Appendix A. Amazon.com 2012 Annual Report
Appendix B. Yum! Brands, Inc. Annual Report 2012
Appendix C. Typical Charts of Accounts for Different Types of Businesses
Appendix D. Summary of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Appendix E. Summary of Differences Between U.S. GAAP and IFRS Cross Referenced to Chapter