Includes 2-weeks free access to step-by-step solutions for this book.
Step-by-Step solutions are actual worked out problems to the questions at the end of each chapter that help you understand your homework and study for your exams. Chegg and eCampus are providing you two weeks absolutely free. 81% of students said using Step-by-Step solutions prepared them for their exams.
This is the 5th edition with a publication date of 9/19/2011.
What is included with this book?
The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
Connect Plus 1 Semester Access Card
Financial Markets and Institutions
Financial Markets and Institutions, 5th edition + Connect Plus
Financial Markets and Institutions, 5e offers a unique analysis of the risks faced by investors and savers interacting through financial institutions and financial markets, as well as strategies that can be adopted for controlling and managing risks. Special emphasis is put on new areas of operations in financial markets and institutions such as asset securitization, off-balance-sheet activities, and globalization of financial services.
Table of Contents
Part I. Introduction and Overview of Financial Markets
2. Determinants of Interest Rates
3. Interest Rates and Security Valuation
4. The Federal Reserve System, Monetary Policy, and Interest Rates
Part II. Securities Markets
5. Money Markets
6. Bond Markets
7. Mortgage Markets
8. Stock Markets
9. Foreign Exchange Markets
10. Derivative Securities Markets
Part III. Commercial Banks
11. Commercial Banks: Industry Overview
12. Commercial Banks’ Financial Statements and Analysis
13. Regulation of Commercial Banks
Part IV. Other Financial Institutions
14. Other Lending Institutions: Savings Institutions, Credit Unions, and Finance Companies
15. Insurance Companies
16. Securities Firms and Investment Banks
17. Mutual Funds and Hedge Funds
18. Pension Funds
Part V. Risk Management in Financial Institutions
19. Types of Risks Incurred by Financial Institutions
20. Managing Credit Risk on the Balance Sheet
21. Managing Liquidity Risk on the Balance Sheet
22. Managing Interest Rate and Insolvency Risk on the Balance Sheet
23. Managing Risk off the Balance Sheet with Derivative Securities
24. Managing Risk off the Balance Sheet with Loan Sales and Securitization