Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Fire Suppression and Protection Systems for the Fire Service provides practical insight for fire service personnel in the area of fire suppression and protection systems and meets the FESHE (Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education) course outcomes for Fire Protection Systems. It is written by an Assistant Chief and 35-year veteran of the FDNY who has more than 20 years of teaching experience at the college level. Case studies throughout the text correlate the material to real life situations encountered by first responders, and concepts and ideas concerning fire extinguishing agents and detection devices are explained from a Fire Chief’s perspective, making them easy to understand. This text offers a good foundation for college study in the field of fire science and fire protection engineering.
UNIT 1: INTRODUCTION AND WATER-BASED FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS
2. Water-based Fire Suppression Systems – Properties, Supply and Additives
3. Sprinkler Fire Suppression Systems
4. Standpipe Fire Suppression Systems
5. Conventional Foam and Compressed Air Foam Fire Suppression Systems
6. Water Mist and Water Spray Fire Suppression Systems
UNIT 2: NON-WATER-BASED FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS
7. Carbon Dioxide Fire Suppression Systems
8. Inert Gas and INERGEN Fire Suppression Systems
9. Dry Chemical and Wet Chemical Fire Suppression Systems
10. Combustible Metal Suppression Agents
UNIT 3: HALON AND CLEAN AGENT REPLACEMENT FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS
11. Halon Fire Suppression Systems
12. Clean Agent Fire Suppression Systems
UNIT 4: ACTIVE AND PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS
13. Fire Detection and Alarm Fire Protection Systems
14. Smoke Management Fire Protection Systems
15. Passive Fire Protection Systems